Seasonal hospitality job opportunities on the Isle of Tiree, with accommodation. Known as the ‘Hawaii of the North’, can you picture a more ideal seasonal island experience? Tiree has a population of 650 people that grows to 3,000+ over the summer months: with this year expected to welcome even more people to enjoy our beautiful wild shores. The island is booming with opportunity, and we’re seeking two people to support three local businesses who can offer you both full time roles – from June 2021 to October 2021. This is ideal for a couple, or friends who want to experience island life to the full.
The Opportunities Option 1: Aisling’s Kitchen at The Cobbled Cow (full time)
This role is for a full-time front of house person who will be the face of the business and welcome everyone to the food experience. Open 10 – 4pm each day, and with exciting pop-up options this is a busy little spot, located near the airport.
Option 2 – combination of the following 2 roles:
Hynish Heritage Village (15 hours per week)
This role is to run the housekeeping of the four stone built holiday properties within the village: welcoming guests, managing changeovers, cleaning and liaison with customers. You couldn’t picture a more idyllic location. Flexibility is required each week, and additional hours may be available.
Cafaidh Carrieanne (20 hours per week)
Serving take-away food including all kinds of rolls and toasted sandwiches with a lovely range of fillings, soup and cakes. This role includes all activity within the café, from serving customers to food preparation. The package details on offer:
- The roles are available June 2021 – October 2021
- Approx 35 hours per week are available, but will also require some flexibility
- One day off guaranteed per week, and finishing at 4pm most days. Plenty time to enjoy your late afternoons and evenings. Try some windsurfing, kitesurfing, surfing, wild swimming, birdwatching, walking or just grab the BBQ and head to the beach. Lots of local advice, and contacts can be provided to help you settle in
- Accommodation (one bedroom small flat) can be provided at Hynish Heritage Village for the term of employment – NO rent, but you will need to cover the council tax and electricity between you
- Rate of pay dependent on experience, payable monthly
- A car is needed, as transport is not included and each role is in a different location
- Experience of catering, and/or hospitality would be ideal but training will be given for both Aisling’s Kitchen and Cafaidh Carrieanne
- Experience of housekeeping/cleaning for the Hynish Heritage Village would be ideal, but training can be provided
How to apply? Send your CVs with a covering message to email@example.com
Decision time… It’s your chance to experience a different lifestyle this summer in a super welcoming community. If you’re keen and want to apply, all you have to do is decide which role is a fit for you: full time at Aisling’s Kitchen or the combo of working at the Hynish Heritage Village and Cafaidh Carrieanne? Then apply. We look forward to welcoming you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Hebridean Trust in collaboration with Aisling's Kitchen at the Cobbled Cow and Cafaidh Carrieanne
Hynish Heritage Village is steeped in history, originally built to enable the building of the iconic Skerryvore Lighthouse and now protected by The Hebridean Trust. Newly opened, Aisling’s Kitchen at The Cobbled Cow serves tasty “real home cooking” with welcoming family service. Cafaidh Carrieanne is newly open, with this being the 1st season - situated perfectly right at the gateway to the island, Scarinish Pier.